Tuesday 3 May 2011

The green waters call in San Martino...

It was an excellent holiday weekend - the pomp and pageantry of a Royal Wedding and weather which enabled Jan & I to tend to the garden in terms of both food production and flowering plants. A tad less wind but one cannot complain...

I have posted a picture of an area of the garden which I have been musing upon much of late as I ridge up the potatoes and wait for trains to work. The lawn would lend itself well to being the green waters of a lake which marks the frontier between San Martino and the homeland of Army Red/White. On my Tradgardland I posted recently about the joys of planning and dreaming in the hobby too. I mentioned there too the influence of Mr John Ruddles and his garden whose pictures always inspired me...

I am still just planning, thinking and researching . I know I have many irons in the fire already but some al fresco gaming beckons to siren like. I shall continue to plan and will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. You garden is certainly in better shape than mine (chickens!) and looks highly suitable for use as wargames terrain. I'll let you know next time I'm off to visit the oldies (near Dundee)...

    ReplyDelete